2018 Contractor of the Year Awards
The annual Evening of Excellence award ceremony, hosted by the National Association of the Remodeling Industry (NARI) of Greater Cleveland, was held at the Crowne Plaza at Playhouse Square on Friday, March 9th. This is where the Contractor of the Year (CotY) awards are handed out to winners amongst the crowd, presenting the best of the best in different renovation categories. This event is more than just an awards show, it is also one of the largest networking gatherings of the year for NARI members and other home improvement industry professionals. This allows everyone in attendance to reflect on the previous year and recognize those who have volunteered on the Community Outreach Committee, companies who sponsor events, and other outstanding achievements.
Each CotY award submission is anonymously judged by industry experts outside of the Greater Cleveland area to ensure no conflict of interest and an unbiased score. Judging criteria includes functionality of space, problem solving skills, meeting client budget and pain points, contractor’s innovation and craftmanship, degree of difficulty of the project, and best overall impression. Congratulations to all winners! This goes without saying, but we are truly thankful to be a part of such a talented and supportive organization.
We are very honored that our team received awards in the following categories:
- 1st Place Residential Interior $100-175K
- 1st Place Residential Addition $50-100K
- 1st Place Residential Bath $30-45K
- 2nd Place Residential Interior $50-100K
- Honorable Mention Residential Kitchen $45-60K
Prior to the award presentation, NARI also recognized members who earned their Certified Remodeler (CR) designation. We are very proud to have our own Justin Odell (pictured far left) in that talented and dedicated group. Here are the requirements for achieving this advanced role:
- Be employed by or own a firm that derives at least 90% of its sales volume through remodeling work
- Adhere to NARI’s Standards of Practice and Code of Ethics
- Have a minimum of five years continuous experience in the remodeling industry
- Completed 16 hours of continuing education
- Successfully completed a comprehensive application that details their background and experience
- Successfully complete a one-day written examination addressing 20 knowledge areas related to general remodeling practices and business
Thank you NARI Greater Cleveland for putting together another amazing event. We look forward to future meetings, and in the meantime, will continue to create unique and meaningful spaces for our clients!
*These are in addition to the 3 Contractor of the Year Awards won in 2017 (1st Place Residential Kitchens: $100-250K & $30-45K, and 2nd place Residential Kitchen $45-60K.)